Be Still…and Trust in the Lord

 



There is no doubt that 2020 has been a difficult year for many of us. Life amid quarantine is not normal. The Coronavirus pandemic has proven to be psychologically toxic. It turned our lives upside down.

This is not the year to get everything that we want. Everything was on a standstill. The pandemic’s psychological ripple effect is like the never-ending story---as new outbreaks occur, more collateral damage to life becomes apparent. The world seems more uncertain. Everything is beyond my control. The more I think about the problems brought on by the pandemic, the more depressed I become. Overthinking destroys my happiness, and makes everything worse than it actually is.

In Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Waiting is a difficult season to go through. It is hard to stand still and rely on God’s promises without losing faith or growing impatient. But the bible passage tells us to recognize stillness as a season in life, where God tells us to be still so He can move in our lives.

Faith is like film that is developed in the dark. God allows storms, so that we may glow. We just have to stay safe, survive today and know that He is im control.

Comments